Re: [NTLK] Does this look familiar -- Microsoft does a Newton

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Nov 01 2002 - 13:25:15 EST

Two points bothered me about this article.
1) "Handwritten notes can also be highlighted,
formatted and converted to text"
This means that it doesn't convert handwriting on the
fly...forget about it...I'll never use it...
2) "There's also a key to rotate the onscreen image
360 degrees, so viewers can opt for a longer than wide
(or wider than long) display."
Uh folks...wouldn't a 360 degree rotation put you back
where you started? Shouldn't he have said 90 degree?
For this glaring error, the writer is an idiot and
nothing he says can have any resemblence to fact...

Ed
web/gadget guru
come and see my Newt on the web (well, mostly) at:
http://65.84.243.167

http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,1282,56130,00.html

> Even shows handwriting recognition in one of the
> images.

=====
Why is that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life
in the universe are pointed away from Earth?
     --Anonymous