Re: [NTLK] Weird Printing Problem-Help!

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Fri Nov 01 2002 - 13:30:50 EST

On 01/11/02 12:26, "Bungalow930_at_aol.com" <Bungalow930_at_aol.com> wrote:

> My recently-purchased 2000 is acting weirdly. I tried to print on an HP 2100M
> using IrDa (yes, I did read the previously-posted thread about
> this---apparently it's possible) and it initially connects, starts
> beaming---then locks up---it will blink for over 2, 3 minutes and not print,
> which seems way too long on a 1-card file.
>
> When I hit "cancel", the printer prints basically half of the file I ordered
> printed, and then, the Newton freezes up. When I try to turn it off it says,
> "Are you sure you want to power down while printing?" and crashes. I have to
> eject the batteries to get it to come back to life.
>
> What worries me is this is what it does when I try and swap files with my
> Powerbook G3 Bronze using DIL tester.
>
> Is there something wrong w/ the hardware? Or is this a software issue? I
> haven't yet received my dongle in the mail, so maybe I don't have everything
> installed.

Is this a stock 2000 or an upgraded one? If it's stock, then it might be
short on free heap when it does the printing. You could try, in that case,
to freeze any unneeded package and try again. There is a free freeze utility
from StandAlone <http://www.standalone.com/>.

-Laurent.

flamage /flay'm*j/ n.: [very common] Flaming verbiage, esp. high-noise,
low-signal postings to Usenet or other electronic fora. Often in the phrase
`the usual flamage'. `Flaming' is the act itself; `flamage' the content; a
`flame' is a single flaming message. See flame, also dahmum.