Re: [NTLK] OT Should I migrate to OS.

From: Woo Lee (vitcitylb_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Nov 01 2002 - 16:47:03 EST

Wow, that's not good.
Here's my setup...
iMac 233 Rev.B, OS 9.2.2, 384 MB, 4.01 GB HD, 1.74 GB free, 14,618 items, =
System Folder contains 59 item, Extensions Folder contains 184 items, =
System uses 82 MB, and VM is off.
Added Sony external USB CD/RW last month, no problems.
Added HP1215 via USB and IrDA Wednesday night, no problems. Pulled the =
USB cable that was attached to the Epson printer, plugged in the HP USB, =
installed the drivers, printed fine, then printed via IrDA just fine, then =
unplugged HP, plugged in Epson, printed my trip iternary to the Epson, =
then hit ebay's site thru Net.Comm.4.8, got to 'my fav.', clicked on '2nd. =
page of iBook' listings, during download 'Error type 2' crashed NetComm., =
I just restarted NetComm., finished using ebay 2 hours later without =
restarting NetComm. or Mac. Never reinstalled any OS in 3+ years. =
Should've stayed with NetComm.4.79 though. :-o
NCU, NBE, and DILTester work fine. YMMV. :-/
>In a year and a half of X I've never had to re-load my OS. It just
>runs. I was lucky to get a Month and a
>half with 9.
>
>Just my opinion,
>
>Vern.

!ooW
Pres. of Los Angeles Newton Users Group...over $J's Live body.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html