Re: [NTLK] gementerprises=bad

From: Peter Cameron (pdwc_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Fri Nov 01 2002 - 23:33:07 EST

on 11/1/02 6:01 PM, Bill at McGreger_at_boxfrog.com wrote:
> Looks like this company is just intersted in their
> bottom line and not customer support.
    I know I said I'd shut up on this subject, but I have found customer
support to be one of GEM's strong points. I've always dealt with Chris _
questions have been answered promptly and accurately, I've been informed of
payment receipt, shipping and even contacted when GEM had not received and
email from me saying a shipment had arrived (it had but my outgoing email
has become stuck in a Bell server).
    Their shipping is a bit on the pricey side, but items are well-packed.
The only damage I encountered was done by Canada Customs which unpacked
everything and then just dumped it back in the box without rewrapping.
    I have recommended GEM to others who have also had good experiences
purchasing from them.
    I'm not disputing that some people have had problems. However, buying
used items you can't see requires a little research (know what you want),
asking the right questions (know the product), and some luck (particularly
in 5-year-old computers that have been used by travelling company reps and
are being dumped by the truckload).

Peter

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html