Re: [NTLK] Reset Bomb on 2100

From: Glen Warner (gdwarner_at_mindspring.com)
Date: Mon Nov 04 2002 - 16:01:52 EST

Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net> wrote:

(*snip*)

> That was the pharmaceutical company. There were two custom apps. One
was
> called Heap saver. It was an absolutely blank backdrop app. This is
what is
> confusing our poor friend here. :-) You need to make another app the
> backdrop--notes if you want, or download and install Avi's Backdrop
or
> another backdrop app. The second was that reset app. Somebody
suggested that
> the company used these to get around the 061 error, that the custom
program
> might have caused, or maybe to reduce heap for it on a 2000.

My upgraded 2000 came with that app ... it did confuse me for a
moment, too --!

I had another backdrop app (I forget the name ... BackPak, maybe?), so
I switched to that, and tossed the weird backdrop.

Switched to Avi's Backdrop. Need some cool pictures, though ...
"Shark" just doesn't make it, for some reason ... but "Got Newt?" is
pretty good ....!

--gdw

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html