Re: [NTLK] WALT auction is over.

From: Sunder (sunder_at_sunder.net)
Date: Tue Nov 05 2002 - 10:49:05 EST

I'd imagine that it would be worth the seller's time to take the disk out
of the Walt, try and mount it on a Mac to see if there are any files to
get off it. It very likely runs a copy of MacOS 7 or 8 something, and has
some extensions and custom apps, if those apps/extensions are accessible,
then reinstalling the OS and replacing those could produce a working
WALT. And that would be worth a lot more than a broken one.

 + ^ + :NSA got $20Bil/year |Passwords are like underwear. You don't /|\
  \|/ :and didn't stop 9-11|share them, you don't hang them on your/\|/\
<--*-->:Instead of rewarding|monitor, or under your keyboard, you \/|\/
  /|\ :their failures, we |don't email them, or put them on a web \|/
 + v + :should get refunds! |site, and you must change them very often.
--------_sunder_@_sunder_._net_------- http://www.sunder.net ------------

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html