Re: [NTLK] SIEMENS NotePhone

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Wed Nov 06 2002 - 09:51:48 EST

on 06/11/02 09:15, Sergey Kalenik at sergey.kalenik_at_SIS.Com.By wrote:

> Good day all,
>
> I am a new in newton, and i have SIEMENS NotePhone (originaly OMP, i
> hope), no software, no cables - only unit with power adapter.
> Is it possible to connect this device to PC? I found schematic of
> Newt<->PC cable and do it by my self, but no one program (NBU, NCU,
> NCK) can't connect to newton :-(
> May be siemens make some minor changes in software/hardware, and I
> need specific software for this?

Maybe they did. I would imagine that if this is similar to an original
MessagePad, you would need to use Newton Connection Kit v2.0.

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin      AIM/RV: LaurentDaudelin    <http://nemesys.dyndns.org>

BUAG // n.: [abbreviation, from alt.fan.warlord] Big Ugly ASCII Graphic. Pejorative term for ugly ASCII art, especially as found in sig blocks. For some reason, mutations of the head of Bart Simpson are particularly common in the least imaginative sig blocks. See warlording.