[NTLK] Yay! My Newton arrived!

From: Varun Mehta (varun_at_mehtasw.com)
Date: Wed Nov 06 2002 - 16:23:11 EST

I'm so happy!

It's a Newton MP 2100 (original) All the latches and doors are in place and
I've been using it for a long time on the rechargeable battery without the
available power dropping too much.

I don't have a dongle, so I'm installing pkgs using IrDA, which rocks! I've
already installed so much onto this thing. So many cool programs!

The first thing I did was install Avi's Backdrop and then I used Newton Book
Maker and NTK to make a nice Dragonball backdrop (I'm quite the fan)

My biggest issue with it is that the display has some light scuffing, but
the HWR is perfect for me every time!

The original stylus is great! And it came with a 33.6K modem and one blank
PCMCIA insert!

I'm an OS X/OS 9 programmer, and I can't wait to start making stuff for my
Newt! I'm proud to say that I am a Newton owner!

My only question is: where do I go to get screen protectors for this
loveable rather large computer demigod?

Thanks a lot
Varun Mehta

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html