Re: [NTLK] Using the phone software 2100

From: Glen Warner (gdwarner_at_mindspring.com)
Date: Thu Nov 07 2002 - 04:47:53 EST

Jon Kinney <madsk8er_at_mac.com> wrote:

> Is it possible to use the Newton to make a telephone call without a
> modem...

Sure ...!

Open Assist, and write in "Call John" (assuming there's a John in your
Names file somewhere). The Call application will open, and you should
see a slip with a few buttons and the word 'Using.' If the word next
to 'Using' is anything but speaker, make it say 'speaker.'

Hold your Newt up to your phone's mouth piece, and click 'Call.'

Sure, it's cheap and sleazy ... but it works.

> I have an Ethernet card and can obviously connect to the internet,
> is there any voice over ip software that would allow such a task?
Just a
> thought as I never plan to actually get a modem, too slow, and it
would be
> cool to make calls!

Sounds like a cool idea ... but can't say for sure.

Good luck on this one .....

--gdw

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html