Re: [NTLK] Curious

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Nov 07 2002 - 14:49:51 EST

My Newton absolutly goes everywhere I go. I
"transport" it in an Eddie Bauer "Man Bag" along with
my wallet, business cards, misc slips of paper, Swiss
army knife and a myriad of others esoteric items.
Having grown up German, I have carried a man bag most
of my life so I don't feel self-conscience at all.
When I get to work, my Newt comes out and sits on my
desk. If I have to go somewhere (cafeteria or the
bathroom) I just carry the Newt in my hand. When I get
home it stays in my man bag until I need it. At night
it sits on it's own little pillow next to the bed to
wake me up the next morning.
My Newt is an intrinsic part of my life. I've tried
other devices but they all force me to modify my
behaviour to fit their method of functioning. That
goes against my way of thinking. Machines need to
adapt to us to make OUR life easier, not the other way
around. But we all know my stand on that...
I find the recognition I get with the Newton to be
interesting. Especially when someone sees my Newt and
tells me that they used to have one but gave it up
when Apple dumped it. I then proceed to regail them on
the *new* functionality of the Newton and their eyes
belie their new found need for a Newton...
Ed
web/gadget guru
http://npds.tek-ed.com (my NPDS server and it's new
subdomain)

--- Russell Martin <abecedarian_at_mac.com> wrote:
> I hate to admit it, but I'm back to using my Palm Vx
> and I've all but
> shelved my 2100. The biggest reason is that I'm
> completely PDA
<snip>
> So now that I've given up on carrying the Newton, I
> was wondering how
> many of you carry the Newton with you practically
> everywhere, and if
> so, what do you carry it in? Also, for those of you
> who don't carry it
> everywhere, where do you take it and what do you
> transport it in?
> Russ Martin

=====
Why is that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life
in the universe are pointed away from Earth?
     --Anonymous