[NTLK] MAD Max Test

From: Eckhart Köppen (eck1000_at_gmx.net)
Date: Thu Nov 07 2002 - 16:14:56 EST

Hello,

for the people who like to live on the bleeding edge of progress (by
using five year old obsolete technology ;), I've put together an update
to MAD Max. The background: Paul Guyot (who else) and I have reverse
engineered the low-level codec interface for the NewtonOS 2.1 and I have
adapted MAD Newton (the actual decoder) to that interface. There is now
a test version of MAD Max using said interface and I'd like to know how
that works for you.

I have tested with 112kbit/s VBR encoded files and it was not too bad.
In addition, it might enable acceptable playback on MP2000s. The test
version is not documented on the web page, rather, you can get it
directly from here:

http://40hz.org/MADNewton/MAD%20Max.pkg

Note: The codec is only enabled for file playback, streaming comes
later. Also, more on the codec interface next week,

Eckhart

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html