Re: [NTLK] MAD Max Test

From: Simon Roberts (srob_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Nov 07 2002 - 18:42:26 EST

On Thursday, November 7, 2002, at 10:14 pm, Eckhart K=F6ppen wrote:

> for the people who like to live on the bleeding edge of progress (by
> using five year old obsolete technology ;), I've put together an =
update
> to MAD Max. The background: Paul Guyot (who else) and I have reverse
> engineered the low-level codec interface for the NewtonOS 2.1 and I=20
> have
> adapted MAD Newton (the actual decoder) to that interface. There is =
now
> a test version of MAD Max using said interface and I'd like to know =
how
> that works for you.

Very, very impressive. MP3 tracks which were previously iffy are now=20
rock solid (56Kbps encoded). Just about whatever I do cannot make it=20
skip while I'm playing a track. I can write notes, lookup names etc.=20
with the MP3 player in the background and it keeps going without=20
skipping! It occurs to me that a feature for minimising the player to=20
the "*" menu might be worthwhile now.

Looks like the player's navigation facilities got broken in the process=20=

but it shows tremendous promise. I can't wait to hear what happens with=20=

streamed sources.

cheers,

Simon

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html