Re: [NTLK] [OT] Ti vs. Ice

From: MuHammed Lonon (mjl3781_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Nov 07 2002 - 20:33:35 EST

> It depends on what you mean by "use like a unix box
> in the lab". What
> software do you want to run on your laptop that you
> used to run in the
> Sun lab? Is it commercial software? Is it open
> source software? Will
> you be using your laptop connected to a fast network
> connection with
> access to the Sun lab?

All of the software(Cadence, PSpice(?), CAD, etc) is
on the server. I want to be able to come in the lab,
hook up my laptop and access the server's software.
AFAIK the lab is like any other unix lab. The
desktops can run local stuff but all the commercial
apps are on the server. So yes I guess I basically
want soomething that will allow me to run the software
on the server.

=====
MuHammed Jamal Lonon
102 Loden Lane Rochester, NY 14623