Re: [NTLK] if not SRAM card switch, what kind of switch?

From: Jon Kinney (madsk8er_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Nov 07 2002 - 22:32:52 EST

Thanks for the info, I also found a site courtesy of
<newton.tek-ed.com/newtspeed> (cool site) for Mouser Electronics
<http://www.mouser.com> and they have better shipping deals and are actually
like 20 some cents cheaper than digi-key. Around $5 including shipping for 4
crystals!

FOR THE SWITCH...if I were to buy one and not take one from a SRAM card,
what kind of switch do I need? Slide switch, dip? I'm not too familiar with
this terminology. All I know is it looks like it needs 3 positions, on to
the left and right and off in the middle? OR does it only need 2 positions
(accelerated and not) I looked at Radio shack and they don't have anything
nearly small enough. Thanks!

One more thing...what's the problem with just installing the new crystal and
having it be accelerated all the time. Will NCU still work and everything
else? Is the voice notes software messed up when it's accelerated, any other
accelerated probs I should know about?

Jon

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html