Re: [NTLK] Curious

From: Rhonda Hyslop (0x7ff00025_at_paradox.homeip.net)
Date: Fri Nov 08 2002 - 01:50:31 EST

* Keith E. McComb <kinsfire_at_kinsfire.net> [ 7 Nov 2002 16:17]:
> 11/7/2002 6:50:43 PM, Rhonda Hyslop <0x7ff00025_at_paradox.homeip.net> wrote:
> >In a shoulder holster. Actually, a homemade one; I saw a shoulder
> >holster for $70 and didn't want to pay that, so $5 of denim and 2 hours
> >later, I had my own. It sometimes freaks people out when I whip my
> >newton out from under my left arm - I tend to wear a loose button-up
> >shirt unbuttoned over a tshirt, so the newton is well hidden until I
> >reach for it. I do not, however, wear my newton holster when going
> >anywhere near an airport :-)
>
> Do you have any plans...what's the word...patterns for that shoulder
> holster? I'd love to make one. It's be easier to carry than the belt
> clip one I've got.

No, I don't. I just sort of made it, and a few years ago at that. For
the Newton pouch itself I took the material and folded it around the
newt, pinned, made sure I could put it in and take it out easily, then
sewed it up.

It's pretty basic, no accessory pouches or anything. It's also starting
to wear thin on the bottom edge (after several years, so I think that's
not bad for plain denim).

I've been thinking of making another one, the worn area is making me
a bit nervous. If I do, I'll make sure to make a pattern for it :-)

-Rhonda

--
www.write-on.indy || write-on.homeip.net \/  http://history.ubcengineers.ca/
  Discuss the art and craft of writing   /\   UBC Engineers History Project