Re: [NTLK] "Guest" option in any email client?

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Nov 09 2002 - 14:10:39 EST

Isn't this how you would use the Owner feature? As
each user goes to the emate to get their mail, they
would change the owner to themselves and that would
have their mail connection settings. Simplemail allows
for multiple owners.
At least I think this is the way to do it in
theory...I've never done this, but it makes sense to
me!
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- KC Bug <kcsbug_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> I had a CRAZY idea.. while designing my "ideal" home
> network, I thought "it'd be cool if I had an eMate
> that was setup as an email station... anyone could
> just walk up to it, type in their mail host's info,
> user name and password, and blam download copies of
> their mail right then and there, read it, reply,
> delete it.. and keep the original messages on the
> server - and do it WIRELESSLY!" But... aside from
> not
> having the hardware, I was wondering if there is an
> email client that "on the fly" allows one to enter
> the
> host and account info, connect and go like this? Any
> suggestions?

=====
Why is that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life
in the universe are pointed away from Earth?
     --Anonymous