Re: [NTLK] [OT] apple drive setup

From: scOtty Technoir (tick0001_at_algonquincollege.com)
Date: Sun Nov 10 2002 - 11:58:16 EST

> Ok, first, what SCSI setting do you have on the drive? It must not be 0
> or 7.

check and double check. the main drive is 0, cdrom 1 is 2, cdrom 2 is 3 and
the disk in question is 4.

  Second, have you terminated the SCSI chain? The terminator is a
> resistor that plugs into the second SCSI port on the drive, or is
> internal to the drive itself and is switchable.

i am familiar with terminators on ext drives, not so with internal ones. it
could be that i am missing a terminator. physically, the drive in question
is that last device on the ribbon. the drive is more or less correctly
recognized by the system, simply the partition is not =[

  Third, you should
> upgrade to at least 7.5.5 (preferably to 7.6.1) as the OS you are running
> is very unstable. I believe these are free upgrades.

that may help, once it all works it's getting OS 8.1, if anything but for
the menus that stay open =] i don't think 7.6 is free yet, but that may have
changed.

> Mark Ross
> markr13_at_comcast.net

thanks for your help Mark