Re: [NTLK] OT Should I migrate to OSX.2?

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Sun Nov 10 2002 - 20:38:16 EST

on 10/11/02 16:33, Bungalow930_at_aol.com at Bungalow930_at_aol.com wrote:

> This raises an issue I have a question about.
>
> I also have a G3/400---how would NCU and NCK work since X.2 does not
> recognize serial connectivity? What do you use to sync your Newton in X.2?
> Do you just run the classic side?

Yes, I run NCU from the Classic side, under 10.2.1. The first time you
launch NCU, it will complain if no serial ports are available, but that's
it. Once you're in, just go to the prefs and disable the serial connection
and enable AppleTalk.

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin      AIM/RV: LaurentDaudelin    <http://nemesys.dyndns.org>

flowchart n.: [techspeak] An archaic form of visual control-flow specification employing arrows and 'speech balloons' of various shapes. Hackers never use flowcharts, consider them extremely silly, and associate them with COBOL programmers, card wallopers, and other lower forms of life. This attitude follows from the observations that flowcharts (at least from a hacker's point of view) are no easier to read than code, are less precise, and tend to fall out of sync with the code (so that they either obfuscate it rather than explaining it, or require extra maintenance effort that doesn't improve the code). See also PDL, sense 1.