Re: [NTLK] current luna suite version

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Sun Nov 10 2002 - 21:38:54 EST

on 10/11/02 21:12, Trent Tuggle at Trent_at_Tuggle.Org wrote:

> So would any useful code be reusable from LunaSuite? Incorporations
> into Newt's Cape? Maybe updating the LunaSuite browser?
>
> -Trent Tuggle
>
> David Golden wrote:
>
>> It's my understanding that no new work has been done on LunaSuite for
>> some years and that the developers released the code on August 1, 2000.
>> So, your version would be the last version made available. See :
>> http://lunasuite.lunatech.com/
>>
>> Dave

It's nice of them to have released the code. However, I just had a quick
trip to their list of requirements for the build, and I'm sorry to say, but
they use quite a bit of commercial software and even if I had time to work
on it, I certainly don't have the money at this time to buy all of this,
specially since some of the stuff is Mac OS 8 or 9 only, which is not a
guarantee that it would work under classic in OS X. Just looking at the way
they did organize the build gives me a good idea why the product was so
flawed...

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin      AIM/RV: LaurentDaudelin    <http://nemesys.dyndns.org>

dinosaur n.: 1. Any hardware requiring raised flooring and special power. Used especially of old minis and mainframes, in contrast with newer microprocessor-based machines. In a famous quote from the 1988 Unix EXPO, Bill Joy compared the liquid-cooled mainframe in the massive IBM display with a grazing dinosaur "with a truck outside pumping its bodily fluids through it". IBM was not amused. Compare big iron; see also mainframe. 2. [IBM] A very conservative user; a zipperhead.