Re: [NTLK] [OT] Proof Jobs is an idiot

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Mon Nov 11 2002 - 03:04:28 EST

On Lun 11 nov 2002 Vernon LeMoignan wrote:
>Now how come we can all agree on this old PDA, but be so diametrically
>opposed on computers?

Because Windows and MacOS aren't that conceptually different. You say diametrically opposed but it is because you are a Mac fan and Mac fans (same with Linux fans) are a minority and to survive as such, define themselves as diametrically opposed to the majority. Same thing happens with us Newton users vs Palms and PocketPCs.
I don't know if you noticed, but on flame wars like this one, we have Mac users who say that Windows XP sucks and MacOS X rules based on Apple's propaganda and Windows users who argument on that basis.
No Windows user so far (well, I might have missed it, these threads aren't that interesting) said that MacOS X sucks. Why? Because it's untrue? No, it's as true as Windows XP sucks. It's because they don't need to justify themselves as Windows users by saying that MacOS sucks.

Paul

--
This wirelessly-sent message was pen-written.
NPDS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/