Re: [NTLK] OT(ish): Nifty iBook Mod

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Mon Nov 11 2002 - 12:39:12 EST

on 11/10/02 11:34 PM, Oliver Brose at oliver.brose_at_t-online.de wrote:

> Those models with permanent keyboard & twisting display appear to be
> very cool at first sight, but OTOH this means more weight you cannot
> get rid of -> lower portabilty.
> A lot of this seems unfit for the purpose.

What's the name of that new, soon-to-be, three-in-one-type computer? The
real "computer" is about the size of a largish Palm or PocketPC device, but
the screen is 800x600 resolution. The cool part is that you plug that into a
laptop-like device, and suddenly the computer is a laptop, or you can slide
the main module into a desktop-like box, and you have a desktop. The real
brains and storage are in that little PDA-sized device, but plugging it into
the other devices gives you all the power they have to offer. It was
designed by one of the engineers of the TiBook at Apple, but will be forced
to run XP because Steve wouldn't license the OS. :-( Anybody know the name
and have the url? I might be willing to switch for something like that--if
Apple doesn't do it first--and don't be surprised if they do--and don't be
surprised if they get sued... ;-)

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland