Re: [NTLK] [OT] Proof Jobs is an idiot

From: Glen Warner (gdwarner_at_mindspring.com)
Date: Tue Nov 12 2002 - 04:23:38 EST

Ed Kummel <tech_ed_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

(*snip*)

> If you want to talk about ease of use, nothing...and I
> mean NOTHING beats the Magic Cap environment.

Ah, General Magic -- a bunch of ex-Apple engineers -- and (last I
heard) now out of business.

I've always wanted to play with/use a Magic Cap device. I hear
there's an emulator (the Magic Cap Simulator), but it's only on the CD
with the Magic Cap Programmer's Cookbook, or in early editions of
CodeWarrior (I think they were MacOS only then). I really should see
about getting a copy.

Want screenshots? Take a look here:

http://emulation.net/magiccap

The UI looks familiar ... anyone know if Susan Kare did any work with
General Magic?

(*snip*)

> If anyone wants to see this OS in action, I have a
> Beta that was never released on my server (sorry,
> windows only) I've installed it last on Windows 95, so
> I dont' know how it would work on newer OS's.

Sure, I could run it under Virtual PC ...! Feel free to post that URL.

(*snip*)

--gdw

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html