Re: [NTLK] NewtsCape Was: Web Broswers

From: b e n w e l l s|headwerkx (headwerkx_at_iprimus.com.au)
Date: Tue Nov 12 2002 - 22:20:54 EST

> The SE/30 is a speed demon compared to Newton doing web stuff.
> Especially if you have upgraded to 128M of ram, and that 50MHZ DIIMO
> card.....

Standard CPU, 32Mb of RAM... I have a PC friend who's bestowed upon me about
80Mb worth of 30 pin memory, but it all 4Mb SIMMs or less! Still flys
though. The Classics got turned into MacQuariums...

> I do like and use Newtscape on occasion, I can download the Seattle
> bus schedules and then save them to newton works which is pretty cool.
>
> Also the scheduled thing is great. I end up turning off all graphics
> in somewhat successful attempt to speed it up and minimize the storage
> used.

Hmmm... some what's NetHopper like? Do it do on the fly HTML rendering or is
NewtonBook conversion just part of the game?

Cheers, Ben.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html