Re: [NTLK] NewtsCape Was: Web Broswers

From: Martin Joseph (marty_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Tue Nov 12 2002 - 14:34:30 EST

On Tuesday, November 12, 2002, at 09:20 AM, b e n w e l l s|headwerkx
wrote:

>> If you are approaching Web browsing with modern expectations, you may
>> find
>> your experience browsing on the Newton a little underwhelming.
>
> I'm realistic... I still get a great buzz from websurfing in glorious
> 1bit
> colour on my SE/30 (made 3 years before the web even existed).

The SE/30 is a speed demon compared to Newton doing web stuff.
Especially if you have upgraded to 128M of ram, and that 50MHZ DIIMO
card.....

I do like and use Newtscape on occasion, I can download the Seattle
bus schedules and then save them to newton works which is pretty cool.

Also the scheduled thing is great. I end up turning off all graphics
in somewhat successful attempt to speed it up and minimize the storage
used.

The wireless connection adds a new joy to this as well.

Marty

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html