Re: [NTLK] NewtsCape Was: Web Broswers

From: b e n w e l l s|headwerkx (headwerkx_at_iprimus.com.au)
Date: Tue Nov 12 2002 - 12:20:31 EST

> If you are approaching Web browsing with modern expectations, you may find
> your experience browsing on the Newton a little underwhelming.

I'm realistic... I still get a great buzz from websurfing in glorious 1bit
colour on my SE/30 (made 3 years before the web even existed).

From the sounds of what you've written and the author's own pages on
NewtsCape, it seems like this conversion process between getting an HTML
page and turning it into a NewtonBook isn't short. How long does it take to
do a page?

I'd want to view pretty simple pages, but do it in "real time", as you'd do
normally. Scheduling downloads to have the daily news offline and ready
sounds really neat though.

Cheers, Ben.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html