Re: [NTLK] OT Should I migrate to OSX.2?

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Wed Nov 13 2002 - 01:29:33 EST

on 13/11/02 01:23, Michael Mays at chaosmonk_at_earthlink.net wrote:
[snip!]
> I was wrong. You have to create a user account, and it only shows up in=
> the Windows network system some of the time. Although Apple is the only=
> one on either side making the effort to link the two systems together, and=
> for that they deserve kudos, they needed to not hype this up so much,=
> because it was a huge disappointment to realize it wasn't as advertised.
[snip!]

Mike,

You're creating a user account when you install. Since the beginning of Mac
OS X, you always had to have at least one user account. I can exchange files
both from my windows box accessing my PowerMac or the other way around, from
my PowerMac accessing the windows box. It's always there. I don't understand
what your problem is, really.

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin      AIM/RV: LaurentDaudelin    <http://nemesys.dyndns.org>

FUBAR n.: The Failed UniBus Address Register in a VAX. A good example of how jargon can occasionally be snuck past the suits; see foobar, and foo for a fuller etymology.