Re: [NTLK] NCU and Windows 2000 connection problems

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Thu Nov 14 2002 - 15:41:41 EST

On 14/11/02 15:24, "David Orriss Jr" <dave_at_davenet.net> wrote:

> On Thursday, November 14, 2002 12:13 PM,
> Laurent Daudelin <laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com> wrote:
>

>> If it always disconnects at the same point, I would guess that there
>> is something wrong with the Notepad soup, corrupted entry of
>> something. You could try to browse the entries in the Note soup
>> using a tool like SBM Utilities.
>>

> Interesting.. that's *exactly* what happens... *sigh*... Well, there's
> nothing I need to save in the notes soup.. Perhaps I can just flush it and
> then
> try again. I'll make a backup to my flashcard just in case that's not it.

Well, you could try to browse it to see if the soup editor would find
anything wrong with it before you move it to your flashcard and forget about
it. I've seen those kind of errors before. For me, that was when I was using
BigNotes, which was hacking the size a note could be. As you are probably
aware of, if your note gets big, you'll get a message at some point that you
need to start another one. BigNotes was removing that warning, so you could
have a note as big as you wished. The downsize was that often, NCU would
choke on that note...

-Laurent.

GPL /G-P-L/ n.: Abbreviation for `General Public License' in widespread use;
see copyleft, General Public Virus. Often mis-expanded as `GNU Public
License'.