Re: [NTLK] Broken screen

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Fri Nov 15 2002 - 16:14:33 EST

On 15/11/02 15:07, "James Elliott" <james.elliott_at_newted.org> wrote:

> The screen on my 2100 just bit the dust. The Newt still powers up,
> but of course the touch screen does not respond. I looked about for
> Calvin Grier's site, but it seems to be down. Does anyone know where
> I can find one? I checked eBay, and there are only 3 2x00s. They
> are all accompanied by accessories that take the price over 100
> dollars.
> Also, about that backup app that was mentioned when Stephanie had the
> same problem, does it perform the backup onto the card that the app
> is stored on, or does it simply initiate a backup to a desktop
> machine?

I think it initiates the backup with the desktop. There might be a different
rescue tool that does it on an external card.

I think your best bet is with Calvin. Don't know what URL you tried, but I
was able to get to his current site at <http://www.adago.net/>.

-Laurent.

guru n.: [Unix] An expert. Implies not only wizard skill but also a history
of being a knowledge resource for others. Less often, used (with a
qualifier) for other experts on other systems, as in `VMS guru'. See source
of all good bits.