Re: [NTLK] Corrupt Object (-48005 error) - how to fix?

From: Peter Cameron (pdwc_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Sat Nov 16 2002 - 13:51:38 EST

on 11/16/02 12:27 PM, Victor Rehorst at victor_at_newtontalk.net wrote:
> On the PC, RTFs created by the built-in WordPad are much less complex than
> those created by MS Word. They contain much less font table and character set
> information, which the Newton's filters might choke on.
    But Michael said the transfer went OK, it was when he tried to get an
overview that the Newt tanked. I would have thought the filters would have
complained during the translation process prior to the transfer.
    I found it took a while for the overview to come up, but there was no
problem and the file opened fine.
    However, I didn't try a file containing embedded graphics or tables.
That might cause problems, but I'd expect them to be caught before the
transfer.
    He also mentioned a number of large RTF files. Is it possible there is a
store limit he somehow exceeded (I'd thought the Newt store size was pretty
much determined by available memory)?

Peter

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html