Re: [NTLK] Microsoft Tablet PC's designer

From: b e n w e l l s|headwerkx (headwerkx_at_iprimus.com.au)
Date: Sun Nov 17 2002 - 10:11:15 EST

>> One can't help but wonder what the world would be like if the courts slammed
>> Microsoft's butt in 1985 and Apple didn't sign that dodgy agreement....
>>

> well, apple might be a damn site better off, as they'd probably get royalties
> for every version of windows sold, or at least I'd have wanted that if I was
> Apple. Then they could sell Macs cheaper, as the windoze users would be
> subsidising them :o)

There is the argument however that Apple's status as the underdog means it
has more to prove, and is working harder than ever to deliver genuinely
great products. If it were completely dominating the market it could just as
easily turn into what Microsoft has become - an arrogant sloth that knows
that people will put up with whatever crap they pump out.

Personally though, I prefer Eric Schwarz's version (Would Apple Have Thought
Different in 1983? - http://www.lowendmac.com/pom/01/0622.html)

Ben.

--
             :: WE LIKE MACS ::
9600/G4-350 || 8500/200MP-AV || IIfx || SE/30