Re: [NTLK] What are the top 10-15 apps for a 2100?

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_euronet.nl)
Date: Sun Nov 17 2002 - 10:47:40 EST

on 15-11-2002 5:41, Chris Edwards at chris_at_ingramedwards.com wrote:

> 1) I also own an MP2000 and it has alot more software loaded on it than
> the 2100. Is there a way, using a 1MB card to transfer all the software
> of the 2000 to the 2100? Or using a serial connection between Newtons?
> Is there a list somewhere of the Standard Software Set that was
> originally loaded on the 2100?

Best way would probably to do a Backup of one newt to your desktop and
restore on the other one. You can try to do the same to your card, but the
way you state it sound like your Newton is pretty full, a 1 MB card won't do
the job in that case.

> 2) What are the top 10-15 apps I "Must Have" for my 2100? You
> know...the ones that are very cool and increase functionality? Also
> where would I find these?

This subject has come up often and is very subjective, so maybe the best to
search the archives. (last time around the subject was '10 fav little apps')

> 3) I have downloaded NewTen and nSync. Anyone how close we are to being
> able to sync with iCal? Damn, that's gonna rock!

Looks like it.

> 4) Where do I get a connector to connect my 2100 with a serial cable?
> Are these called Dongles? How much are they?

Yes they are, mostly on eBay, for prices and links you can check
http://www.thisoldnewt.net/

> 4) Is there a photo viewer for the 2100 that displays the shades of
> gray?

That was your 5th question actually ;-)

I think your best option is PhotoShow, think it's from ISC software, just do
a Google search for 'Newton PhotoShow' and it should turn up.

Robert Benschop

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html