Re: [NTLK] Amazing ...

From: Glen Warner (gdwarner_at_mindspring.com)
Date: Tue Nov 19 2002 - 00:56:54 EST

oliver.brose_at_t-online.de (Oliver Brose) wrote:

(*snip*)

>>From: Glen Warner <gdwarner_at_mindspring.com>
>
>>I was thumbing through a college catalog that came in the mail a few
>>months ago, and I found this:
>
> What kind of college catalog?

The Bellevue Community College catalog; try www.conted.bcc.ctc.edu
after January; it doesn't seem to be showing up this time.

(*snip*)

> Again, please let me know about that catalog, this really gives me
> the urge to resettle myself in the US and to make my fortune just
> helping people. I want to do good! Help people understand those
> essential problems in life, like where to plug-in the plug, why the
> trash they keep in the kitchen never goes away, and why they always
> get honked and screamed at when driving right on that helpful line
on
> the asphalt.
> Inspiring!

It was the catalog for Bellevue Community College's Continuing
Education department, dated Fall 2002. It's in Bellevue, WA.

>>it might be most entertaining to go in there with an upgraded 2000 --
>>or even with a well stocked 130.
>
> You might end up just like me in my economics-introduction-week on
> campus (uh, years ago). We played on of those silly
> getting-to-know-you games were you stand in the middle and say
> something like "everyone with blue eyes change places!" and then all
> the blue-eyed people have to change places but there is one seat
> missing, and the person left without a seat remains in the middle to
> continue. So I stood there, and as I was tired of seeing all the
> people with hidden tattoos or piercings in strange places jump
> around, I said "everyone using a Mac change places!". Nobody moved.
> Frightening. Just puzzled stares. So I tried to help "You know, an
> Apple-Computer! Those with an apple on them!". No go. I should have
> gotten out of economics right that day, but took three semesters
> instead.

:o)

I generally don't mention the fact that I prefer to use a Mac -- until
someone sends me one of those e-mail messages announcing the latest
virus for Windows. I think I have educated my dad on this; haven't
received any virus warnings in quite a while now!

> It's a sick, sad world.

Well, I guess it could be worse ....

--gdw

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html