Re: [NTLK] Clear Casing - ebay

From: Brian Pearce (bpearce_at_cloud9.net)
Date: Sun Nov 24 2002 - 17:52:27 EST

> I find the language in the ebay listing to be confusing. It seems that
> the seller is offering nothing of any real value, but rather is trying
> to get people to pay to participate in a marketing survey. If this is
> correct, then I have to question the legality ( and certainly the
> morality ) of this listing.
>
> Either way, I find this to be disturbing and I would suggest great
> caution in becoming involved with this undertaking until it has a
> proven track record.

I'm with you. While the auction does clearly state that the item being
offered is "information," this just seems like a disingenuous way to go
about it. (Heck, even the photos used in the auction appear to have
been lifted from the "Frozen Newton" site, and don't seem to represent
any actual product that's being made available.)

Sadly, this is par for the course with Ferdi; it leaves me not terribly
anxious to do business with him, even if he *did* have a finished
product.

BRIAN/bpearce_at_cloud9.net

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html