Re: [NTLK] Continuing Frustration w/MP2000

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.nl)
Date: Mon Nov 25 2002 - 04:10:58 EST

Sorry that you seem so unhappy with your Newt.

Two short things:
The Newt uses built in Heap memory
and to store programs and data the flash memory (built in and/or on the
PCMCIA card).
What you most probably need for internet applications is more Heap -> a
memory upgrade MP2000 -> MP2100.
The memory available on your storage card has nothing to do with it.

I do not understand what you mean with "cannot access Extras":
Extras is a built in application burned into the system ROM that simply
cannot disappear.
It may be the case that you selected another application as backdrop.
You should find Extras then in your button bar.

Cheers
Johannes

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html