Re: [NTLK] Microsoft Tablet PC's designer

From: Glen Warner (gdwarner_at_mindspring.com)
Date: Tue Nov 26 2002 - 05:54:10 EST

Michael J. Hussmann <michael_at_michael-hussmann.de> wrote:

> Martin Joseph (marty_at_barknaturalpet.com) wrote:
>
>> I agree, an do not consider the Lisa to be a PC either. In fact it
>> wasn't even marketed as one.
>
> A PC is a personal computer, a computer you don't have to share with
> anyone, a computer you are in control of, a computer on your desktop.
> That's exactly what the Lisa was and what it was marketed as.
(Arguably,
> the first real PC was the Apple II.)

I remember my father's company (Systems, Architects and Engineers at
the time) had a Lisa. He told me it cost $10,000 --! I was afraid to
touch it.

That said, I don't consider the Lisa to be a true 'personal' computer.
 It was marketed to business-folk, like my father, who cold afford to
lease one of those $10k beasties.

Now that they go for -- well, a lot less, sure you could consider it a
personal computer. Buggy, but ....

--gdw

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html