Re: [NTLK] A little fun

From: b e n w e l l s|headwerkx (headwerkx_at_iprimus.com.au)
Date: Tue Nov 26 2002 - 23:28:31 EST

> I have to agree. The only way for this to have a
> _real_ impact is hand-delivered in a _very_ "public"
> manner.
>
> Unless we had more than 10,000.....

>> yeah, it's a neat idea. but realistically, this is
>> what will happen:

jeez guys, lighten up! I highly doubt Apple will ever release another PDA
again and personally I hope they never do - there's no room in the market
for another high end device, they'd only lose more money. Even if they did
try, it would be a PalmOS-based product, and bear no resemblance to the
Newton, bar the HWR system. Our lives will go on unchanged.

Still, we're not trying to start a revolution, we're trying to have some fun
and make sure that Apple knows that those Newtons are still out there, being
used every day. If we send in 500-1000 registrations within a few days,
that's enough for someone to take notice. Who knows, maybe Steve et. al.
will post a statement thanking us for returning our registration cards but
sadly cannot offer us a warranty on a 5-year discontinued product. If a few
news sites pick it up it's some nice exposure for the Newton community, and
we all enjoy a giggle - for the cost of a lousy stamp.

We can by all means dump a box full of registration cards on his feet at
Macworld 2002 dressed up in foam Newton lightbulb costumes screaming "think
green", but the headline "Irate Newton Users Hound Jobs at Macworld" isn't
exactly nice publicity.

Ben.

--
             :: WE LIKE MACS ::
9600/G4-350 || 8500/200MP-AV || IIfx || SE/30