Re: [NTLK] NewtSync Update

From: Steven De Prijck (steveaguirre_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Nov 27 2002 - 17:02:00 EST

Hi All & especially John Anderson,

I'm a longtime MessagePad 2000/2100 user from Belgium & this is my first
post to a list I'm glad to have learned the existence of.
Here are a few questions I hope John/other listers may know the answer to...

Questions about current developtment on NewtSync & its plug-in architecture:
* is there an overview of the plug-ins currently being worked on?
* is there a place to vote for/gauge other people's interest in certain
Newt/Mac-app-specific plug-ins?

My observations/wishlist:
1. synchronisation between OSX.2 address book <-> Names = great
2. ditto for OSX.2 iCal <-> Dates (hope I can choose what calendar(s) I want
synced to my Newt) My 2 cents: AppleScript support = indeed the way to go
3. re: todo's: there's a truly awesome standalone todo-manager on the Newt
called "NewtTodo" (cfr. http://www.tow.com/software/source.shtml) > I
believe it has its own soup-it's well documented/open source & instead of
syncing the Newt's very limited Dates-todo-list to iCal's, I would love to
be able to sync the NewtTodo's ones to iCal's instead...
4. OmniOutliner would be a great application for syncing notes/todo/bulleted
lists from/to. (cfr. http://www.omnigroup.com/applications/omnioutliner/)
Omnioutliner supports AppleScript too!
5. ex/importing little 1/2/4-bit drawings from/to notepad/NewtonWorks? Even
if they're embedded in notes/documents...

As soon as the first three are GM. I'll gladly pay the 34$

Greetz,
Steven

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html