Re: [NTLK] Voice of reason

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Nov 27 2002 - 17:04:31 EST

I think that it doesn't matter what we do. He doesn't
really care and as far as he's concerned, the Newt is
a chapter he wishes never existed. I can imagine him
when ever someone discusses anything Newton related to
him, he claps his hands over his ears, closes his eyes
and chants, "la-la-la-la-I can't hear you-la-la -la
-la"
<modified saying> If the river's dried up, burning the
bridge is still fun</modified saying>
Ed
web/gadget guru
http://npds.tek-ed.com (my NPDS server and it's new
subdomain)

--- good-dog_at_northshore.net wrote:

> On Tuesday, November 26, 2002, at 03:03 PM, Hans
> Derycke wrote:
> >
> > --- "Doug Parker" <dougparker_at_progressdata.com>
> wrote:
> >> These image things have to be constructed,
> >> guided, manufactured. We're discussing
> establishing a relationship.
> >

> I've managed to lose the original post from Doug
> Parker (an excellent
> post in case you missed it), but after my initial
> excitement about the
> Little Fun Project, I've changed my mind and think
> it'd work better if
> what Doug says is integrated into the formation of
> the Plan. Why take
> an action that may have an unwanted reaction just to
> vent some
> frustration and, in essence, give the finger to
> Steve Jobs?
>
> Doug's correct when he says we stand to lose from
> such an action not
> gain. An action with spite and venom can only hurt
> the Newton
> community's chances of creating a relationship.
> What's that old saying,
> "you catch more flies with honey than vinegar."?
<snip>

=====
"Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can't see where it keeps its brain."
 - Mr. Weasley - Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.