[NTLK] Need glue brand

From: Frank Gruendel (fg2_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Wed Nov 27 2002 - 17:07:51 EST

Hi all,

I am currently trying to fix an eMate with a broken display. It seems that
I was able to remove the touch sensitive foil in one piece from the broken
glass.
It was glued to the glass by glue that was nearly like a film, about two
millimeters wide. I was able to remove it without scratching by slowly tearing it
off.
I am unsure about how this glue originally looked like, i. e. whether it was
some kind of tape or some kind of "normal" glue that remains flexible after
it cures. If it was tape, it must have been veeeeery thin tape, the film I
pulled off was extremely thin.
Now I'm looking for glue I can use to reassemble things. It must either
be very thin (not more than the thickness of a piece of paper)
tape that is sticky from both sides or a thin glue I can apply with a brush.
Any ideas? Preferably it should be available in Germany.

Thanks

Frank

-- Newton hardware and software at http://www.pda-soft.de

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html