Re: [NTLK] Need glue brand

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Nov 27 2002 - 17:38:59 EST

Scotch sells a product that is advertised as spray on
tape.
Essentially, this is a spray can that basically sprays
a sticky substance. It's exactly the same consistancy
as the sticky side of celophane tape. I use it to
mount Photos on foam board.
Ed
web/gadget guru
http://npds.tek-ed.com (my NPDS server and it's new
subdomain)

--- Frank Gruendel <fg2_at_pda-soft.de> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am currently trying to fix an eMate with a broken
> display. It seems that
> I was able to remove the touch sensitive foil in one
> piece from the broken
> glass.
> It was glued to the glass by glue that was nearly
> like a film, about two
> millimeters wide. I was able to remove it without
> scratching by slowly tearing it
> off.
> I am unsure about how this glue originally looked
> like, i. e. whether it was
> some kind of tape or some kind of "normal" glue that
> remains flexible after
> it cures. If it was tape, it must have been veeeeery
> thin tape, the film I
> pulled off was extremely thin.
> Now I'm looking for glue I can use to reassemble
> things. It must either
> be very thin (not more than the thickness of a piece
> of paper)
> tape that is sticky from both sides or a thin glue I
> can apply with a brush.
> Any ideas? Preferably it should be available in
> Germany.
>
> Thanks
>
> Frank

=====
"Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can't see where it keeps its brain."
 - Mr. Weasley - Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.