Re: [NTLK] OT: PalmOS-based AlphaSmart Dana

From: David Orriss Jr (dave_at_davenet.net)
Date: Thu Nov 28 2002 - 11:56:42 EST

On Thursday, November 28, 2002 8:31 AM,
Karel Jansens <kareljansens_at_tiscalinet.be> wrote:

> I even seem to remember a ZX Spectrum derivative aimed at the Buzy
> Professional On The Move <TM>.

Yes but the Spectrum sold like.. what... 5 units? ;)

> I think a student can get better value by buing a three year old laptop
> with a couple of spare batteries. If space is at a premium, why not go for
> one of the older Toshiba Librettos? They seem to go for comparable prices
> on eBay.

Not likely. First, you'll get a lot more battery time out of a Dana or an
eMate, they're instant-on unlike the Libretto and the Libretto, IMNHO, was
junk. I should know I worked on a product that had an OEM version of the
libretto in it. Those things we *not* all that terrific.

Seriously I know that there have been other products that were similar, but
at *least* there's something like this available *again* for students...

--
David Orriss Jr.
dave_at_davenet.net

Please email me if you want my ICQ/AIM/IM ID's.