Re: [NTLK] OT: PalmOS-based AlphaSmart Dana

From: David Orriss Jr (dave_at_davenet.net)
Date: Thu Nov 28 2002 - 14:00:04 EST

On Thursday, November 28, 2002 10:12 AM,
Stephanie Maks <newton_at_maksystems.com> wrote:

> I couldn't pass that up. I love my Libretto 110CT. I've had it for
> about 3 years or so. For a while it was my main computer (till I
> Switched). I have the dock for it, which I kept at work hooked up to a
> big monitor and keyboard and trackball and 100BaseT ethernet card all in
> the dock, so when I got to work I just dropped in the Libretto and had a
> 'desktop' system.

I'm not saying that people who have the Libretto aren't happy with them.
Nor am I saying they shouldn't be happy with them. I have a little P-200
Subnotebook here with 64MB of RAM that I run RH 7.3 on when I travel. It's
great and I wouldn't trade it for anything... well.. cept maybe for
something a heckuva lot faster and the same size... ;)

Seriously, I don't think comparing a libretto, a ZX-whatever, etc to the
Dana is fair or reasonable. I don't hear any of you comparing those to the
eMate... ;-(

--
David Orriss Jr.
dave_at_davenet.net

Please email me if you want my ICQ/AIM/IM ID's.