[NTLK] Newtsync Features and Questions

From: David M. Ensteness (denstene_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Nov 28 2002 - 18:35:51 EST

Couple of feature requests:

Is it possible for NewtSync to replace/update records from the Address
Book/Names on a per record basis; ie those records that were changed on
the Mac get updated from the Newton and the reverse?

If not is it possible that NewtSync automatically updates either the
Mac or the Newton based on which ever is more current?

Is there anyway to get "Custom" Names fields to import into Address
Book? I keep AIM names in my Newton and would love to dump them into
Address Book with NewtSync so that I could use them with iChat.

Is any work being done on getting NewtSync to auto-discover hosts so
that we do not have to key in IP addresses each time with sync?

Can an Auto-Sync feature be added [in conjunction with auto-discovery]
to NewtSync so that as soon as I connect my Newton to my network it
discovers a host and syncs up with it?

Anyone know anything about the ability of NewTen to work over ethernet
in the future? I know it doesn't now but it would be cool if it could
at some point since that is how I do everything on my Newton and now
with NewtSync the only reason I have Classic installed on my Pismo and
G4 is to use NCU.

Are there any recommendations for a different backup utility for the
Newton that has a Mac OS X native component on the Mac so that I could
avoid having to back my Message Pad up via Classic?

Thanks a ton in advance.

David

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html