Re: [NTLK] Wait, re:Newt 100/110...

From: Stephanie Maks (newton_at_maksystems.com)
Date: Thu Nov 28 2002 - 21:06:06 EST

> The Newton 100/110 didn't have a back-up battery? I thought they
>did. Even my Sharp Zaurus(0MP clone) had one.

I have a Newton 120 and it definately has a back-up battery.

Infact... on the subject of newtons and memory and not loosing your data,
this 120 belonged to a friend of mine. She's not very technological, but
she always wanted to try a Newton, so I gave her the 120. She used it for
about 7 or 8 months. Then appearantly it stopped working. I only found out
about it recently. She said it went kaput in around August. She returned
it to me, saying she'd gone back to a paper organizer, but she did
appreciate her time with Newton.

Anyhow, it's laid dormant and unplugged for a few months, its rechargables
uncharged. Hoping for a challenging, dramatic Newton resurection, I first
plugged it in so the batteries could charge up. After a minute or two it
sprang to life and announced that the backup battery was dead. So much for
the dramatic rescue and the challenge.

I popped in a fresh backup battery and that was that. Then it went on to
tell me about all her meetings and things that were scheduled for the past
few months, and what was coming up soon. All the data was still intact.

Hooray, for Newton!

-Stephanie
http://www.felesmagus.com/newton/

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html