Re: [NTLK] Newton R & D

From: Mark Ross (markr13_at_comcast.net)
Date: Thu Nov 28 2002 - 21:52:12 EST

>I got one of the SER-001 units when they were first available and
>subsequently found out that they are no longer available. It seems that
>everyone would have liked production to continue but I can of course
>understand why the maker would like to move on.
>Would people be interested in contributing to a Newton R & D
>fund whereby those who are particularly committed to the platform would
>contribute a small R&D contribution into a fund on a yearly basis for
>example.
>
>William N. Kilarjian

Might I suggest an alternative idea. Since David (Mr. PCBman) is too
busy with other project to continue production of the Serial 001, why not
have someone else do this and pay David a royalty for each item sold?
I'm sure that there are others on this list who can do the manufacturing
for David and keep this (and other neat items he may create) in
production. My sense is (David, please correct me if I'm wrong!) that
David is a designer at heart and would rather not be in the manufacturing
business. If this is the case, then someone else would be better suited
for this role.

Mark Ross
markr13_at_comcast.net

NuShields: Your best defense against screen damage
http://www.NuShield.com

Phone/Fax/Voicemail: (530) 678-5513

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html