Re: [NTLK] OT: PalmOS-based AlphaSmart Dana

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Fri Nov 29 2002 - 14:09:33 EST

on 11/29/02 4:47 PM, James Elliott at james.elliott_at_newted.org wrote:

> That seems to be talking about failure of a few keys, while my entire
> keyboard ceased to function. My theory is that it was caused by a
> missing system enabler when it Sad Mac'd and forced me to reinstall
> the OS.

I doubt it was a system-level bug. I just had a rev. F keyboard die on my.
About half the keys suddenly stopped functioning. My friend told me that
nothing had happened, but somebody else said it had maybe fallen to the
floor or something. In any case, the keyboard from the 2300 works fine, and
the dead one doesn't work in any other Duo. I'm sure that if half the keys
could die, the rest could. Those are strange keyboards--made almost just
like the Newton keyboards, so why to they die, and not the Newton keyboards?

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland