Re: [NTLK] An Apology

From: Christopher Fisher (cfisher_at_mailbag.com)
Date: Sat Nov 30 2002 - 15:53:29 EST

Ferdi,

I'll say it again-it seems like most of what people have a problem with
(including me) is your promotional style. It comes off like something from
some sleazy appliance/furniture place, or used car dealership. Hyperbole
used well, even obnoxiously, can result in increased sales, but you have to
know your audience. And frankly, Newt users do *not* seem like the kind of
folks who appriecate that sort of thing (or at least not when it comes to
Newt-related sales and business). You may be a very good, very scrupulous
person when it comes to your business dealings, but if you come off like Art
Fern (pitchman character Johnny Carson used to do on The Tonight Show),
you'll probably turn off a lot of people right there.

All the Best,

Chris

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html