Re: [NTLK] MP 2100 problems. Help

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Thu Oct 03 2002 - 12:17:33 EDT

On 03/10/02 11:46, "Tom Jamrog" <balrog_at_midcoast.com> wrote:

> I don't know where to turn to for help, hope someone here can. I have used
> my Mp2100 daily since purchased new way back. I have a Pretek falsh 8 mg
> card in slot 1. It reads 5602K free. I check to "save new info and
> packages on this card". I have a Newton 2 mg card in slot 2 , only 130 K
> free. I have not checked to save anything new on this card.
>
> Two problems are driving me crazy.
> 1. Show "today" puts me back to July 1996. No matter how many times i have
> tried to reset the clock with date and time ( from July 1996) it displays
> 1996 for "today" again when I turn the unit on.
>
> 2. I suspect #1 is related to this new information not getting in. This
> second problem is that I can't save anything new. I keep gettting a message
> that " the internal memory or storage card is full". What i can't
> understand is why I am getting this messsage after I tell the unit to store
> any new info on the card with 5Mg storage left on it.

Did you check to see how much space you have left on the internal store? You
know that even if you specify to the system to save new items on an external
card, there will still be info saved on the internal memory. For instance, I
believe that the system soup is kept on the internal memory. So, that might
be your problem. And remember that even if you tell it to save new items on
a card, those previously saved items that are in the internal memory are
still there until you file them to an external card.

-Laurent.

bug-compatible adj.: [common] Said of a design or revision that has been
badly compromised by a requirement to be compatible with fossils or
misfeatures in other programs or (esp.) previous releases of itself. "MS-DOS
2.0 used \ as apath separator to be bug-compatible with some cretin's choice
of / as an option character in 1.0."