Re: [NTLK] Newton Routing (was firewall)?

From: TT Mooney (ttmooney_at_dilettantism.com)
Date: Tue Oct 08 2002 - 17:36:26 EDT

actually, i've been wondering about this from a different perspective.

although i doubt that nie supports multihoming ip or appletalk, it
would be nice to use a newton 2x00 as a wireless router or bridge.
wouldn't it be nice to plug your newton in at starbucks with dual
wireless cards and share the wireless network with an open sid?

or just use it as a wireless access point at home. whatever. it would
be cool.

but i really doubt nie supports multihoming. anyone?

ttm

On Tuesday, October 8, 2002, at 02:09 PM, Anton wrote:

> The 200x Newton has two PCMCIA slots and so could take two network
> cards. basic firewalls don't have to be powerful. I was wondering if
> anyone had done a "Newton Firewall"?

******
"I return to the words of Bill Hicks when he said, 'If any artist ever
endorses a product then they have completely destroyed their status as
an artist.' I don't care if they shit Mona Lisas on cue, they've
destroyed their reputations, and advertising for the Government is much
more pernicious." --Will Self