Re: [NTLK] Newton Routing (was firewall)?

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Oct 08 2002 - 18:51:03 EDT

You are correct. I seem to remember a similar
discussion on this list where it was stated that the
Newton's IP stack couldn't handle more than one
connection...or some such verbiage like that...
Anyway, the Newton probably doesn't have the powere
either...you've probably noticed that anything that
the Newton does over the internet is really slow...
Ed (Happy October Fest!)
web/gadget guru
http://npds.tek-ed.com (my NPDS server and it's new
subdomain)

--- TT Mooney <ttmooney_at_dilettantism.com> wrote:
<snip>

> or just use it as a wireless access point at home.
> whatever. it would
> be cool.
>
> but i really doubt nie supports multihoming. anyone?
>
> ttm
>
> On Tuesday, October 8, 2002, at 02:09 PM, Anton
> wrote:
>
> > The 200x Newton has two PCMCIA slots and so could
> take two network
> > cards. basic firewalls don't have to be powerful.
> I was wondering if
> > anyone had done a "Newton Firewall"?

=====
"Bush, himself the most intellectually backward American president of my political lifetime, is surrounded by advisers whose bellicosity is exceeded only by their political, military and diplomatic illiteracy,"
 - Gerald Kaufman, a lawmaker from the governing British Labor Party